Python binaries with VC++ 8.0?

Mark Hammond skippy.hammond at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 04:32:22 EST 2009

On 9/02/2009 5:51 PM, Greg Ewing wrote:
> Is there anywhere I can download a set of Python
> binaries, of any version, that have been built
> with Visual C++ 8.0?

IIRC, no.  Python skipped that version of MSVC.  I believe Python 2.5
builds easily with vc8 project files in svn though.

> I'm trying to hook Python up to Sketchup 7 on
> Windows, and I think I'm having problems because
> Sketchup is linked with msvcr80.dll.

What problems specifically?  The only practical problems you should see
will arise if you try and pass a "FILE *", or allocate memory you then
ask python to free (or vice-versa) - both should be avoidable though...

Mark