easy_install

"Martin v. Löwis" martin at v.loewis.de
Sun Feb 8 13:45:47 EST 2009

> http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#downloading-and-installing-a-package
>
> seems to imply that after installation I can goto a command prompt and
> type
>
> easy_install c:\MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.4-win32.egg

These instructions must have misled you. This command only works if you
actually have a file c:\MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.4-win32.egg on your disk,
e.g. after downloading it, from

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/MySQL-python/1.2.2

If you haven't downloaded it, you have two choices

1. download it, and then give the full filename to easy_install
   (*not* c:\MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.4-win32.egg, unless you download
   to c:\)

2. ask easy_install to download first, with

   easy_install MySQL-python

Regards,
Martin