easy_install

hall.jeff at gmail.com hall.jeff at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 10:21:30 EST 2009

On Feb 8, 9:27 am, "Diez B. Roggisch" <de... at nospam.web.de> wrote:
> hall.j... at gmail.com wrote:
> > For the life of me I can not figure out how to get easy_install to
> > work. The syntax displayed on the web page does not appear to work
> > properly.
>
> > easy_install c:\MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.4-win32.egg
>
> It usually works for me - so what does "not appear to work properly"
> actually mean?
>
> Diez

http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#downloading-and-installing-a-package

seems to imply that after installation I can goto a command prompt and
type

easy_install c:\MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.4-win32.egg

I tried doing this in the python interpreter and on a straight "cmd"
command prompt (the site doesn't really specify). I also tried "import
easy_install" and then

easy_install c:\MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.4-win32.egg
easy_install ("c:\MySQL_python-1.2.2-py2.4-win32.egg")

and a couple other permutations and never got it to run (error
messages for the first group were "invalid syntax" and were various
flavors of "module not callable" for the second group).