Tkinter w.pack()?

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Fri Feb 6 12:32:14 EST 2009

W. eWatson wrote:

>> The use of "letmegooglethatforyou" (not my video tool, by the way) is to
>> point out that with the right search string you could have answered the
>> question for yourself.
>>
>> Since you didn't appear to know that Google allowed you to search a
>> single site (something I perhaps take for granted) I am glad that point
>> wasn't lost. Yes, you can just search the PIL documentation. Isn't the
>> Internet great? ;-)
>>
>> regards
>>  Steve
>>
> Yes, I agree on the internet, and I now see "letme...com. So, I've now
> tried in my browser's link window:
> site:effbot.org/tkinterbook tkfiledialog, and get "site is not a
> registered protocol."
>
> If I put the "site:..." in the Google window,it works fine. In fact it's
> quite clever.
>
> I thought some months ago, I found Google commands that would operate in
> the browser link window. Guess not.
>
> BTW, isn't there an O'Reilly book on Google hacks of this sort? Where
> else does one find out about these Google tools?

I seem to pick them up as I go along. This group is actually a great
source of google-fu enhancements - I believe this is where I found out
about "letmegooglethatforyou".

Of course you can do any Google search and then look at what Google puts
in your Location: bar. Saving that URL means you can repeat the same
search later, but you can also analyze it to find out about some useful
tricks (and "letme..." uses the same everything except for the domain
name). So your site search would also work with

  http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aeffbot.org+tkinterbook%2Bpack

Of course it would be relatively easy to write a Python program that
used the browser module to do this kind of search ...

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119