Changing return of type(obj)

Ken Elkabany Ken at Elkabany.com
Fri Feb 6 06:49:17 EST 2009

I would simply subclass 'int', but this object needs to be general enough to
pretend to be an 'int', 'NoneType', 'str', etc... A long shot: Can I change
the base class on an instance by instance basis depending on the need? Well,
now I can imagine having a class factory that will spawn for me the class
that inherits the correct base type. Any other solutions?

Thanks Chris.