Is c.l.py becoming less friendly?

Hendrik van Rooyen mail at microcorp.co.za
Fri Feb 6 01:23:32 EST 2009

"Steve Holden" <steve at h...eb.com> wrote:

> Yes, and I'm fine well sure this is somewhere between a silly thread and
> a troll.

"Fine" reads wrong - it should be fining.

Silly? Us here on clp, silly?

What a monstrous thought!

I'll have you know this is a respectable
establishment, and you should be grateful
that such fine, serious folk suffer your
impertinence without taking umbrage !

Ok Steve now it's your turn to tell me it
does not scan.

I think this thread has buggered up a perfectly
good word for me - It will be difficult, in future,
to hear the word without having to suppress
an involuntary snigger.

- Hendrik