Python Installation Error

Benjamin Kaplan benjamin.kaplan at case.edu
Thu Feb 5 15:18:54 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Ahmed Majeed <engr.amkhan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am working over a research project and need Python 2.3 or later to
> be installed on my Intel Centrino machine, running Fedora 9 as OS. I
> have downloaded latest stable release Python 2.6.1 from Python.org,
> but when I tried installing it, terminal returned an error on 'make',
> saying:
>
> "Failed to find the necessory Bits to build these modules:
> _tkinter     bsddb185,     sunaaudiodev
> To find the necessory bits, look in setup.py in detect_modules() for
> the module's name."
>
> How should I correct this and go ahead for installation. Anxiously
> waiting reply and thanking you in anticiaption.

Are you sure there was an error in make? What you see isn't a problem, it's
just a notification. Make is telling you the tk, bsddb, and sunaaudiodev
modules won't be installed because you don't have the libraries on your
computer. If it got that far, I'm almost certain that the build was
sucessful. Make install should work from there. If you aren't going to use
those modules, go ahead and install it, otherwise download those libraries
and try again.