Python 3.0 slow file IO

Ulrich Eckhardt eckhardt at satorlaser.com
Thu Feb 5 06:33:44 EST 2009

thomasvangurp at gmail.com wrote:
> C:\python30> patch -p0 < fileio_buffer.patch
> The patch command is not recognized..

You need the 'patch' program first. Further, you will need a C compiler. If
you don't know how to compile from sources, I would postpone patching
sources to after learning that.

> [...] advice on moving back to the older version is appreciated.

Just install the latest 2.6 release. I think you can easily install it
alongside 3.0, all you need to pay attention to is the "PATH" environment
variable.

Uli

--
Sator Laser GmbH