is python Object oriented??

Luis Zarrabeitia kyrie at uh.cu
Wed Feb 4 08:35:50 EST 2009

Quoting "Russ P." <Russ.Paielli at gmail.com>:

> Imagine you own a company, and you decide to lease an office building.
> Would you expect the office doors to have locks on them? Oh, you
> would? Why? You mean you don't "trust" your co-workers? What are locks
> but enforced access restriction?

This analogy is nonsense. There is no way you will execute code on my system if
I don't authorize it, regardless of how "public" are the variables declared in
my code. No one will execute code on _your_ system either, without your
authorization. That puts you in a different position: you can easily _check_
that everything is alright before executing, whereas in the office example, it
cannot be done.

Of course, if the analogy is flawed in such an essential aspect, I won't even
humor it. I worry, though, that you obviously believe that it is not flawed.

--
Luis Zarrabeitia
Facultad de Matemática y Computación, UH