is python Object oriented??

Rhodri James rhodri at wildebst.demon.co.uk
Tue Feb 3 22:49:08 EST 2009

On Wed, 04 Feb 2009 01:13:32 -0000, Russ P. <Russ.Paielli at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Feb 3, 4:05 pm, "Rhodri James" <rho... at wildebst.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>> I'm very much of the second opinion; it was Russ who did the sudden
>> volte
>> face and declared that it was trivial to circumvent.
>
> Whoa! Hold on a minute here. Your failure to understand a simple idea
> does not constitute a "sudden volte" (whatever that is) on my part.

My apologies.  "Volte-face" should have had a hyphen in it.

> Let me try to explain again what should be fairly obvious.

I understood you just fine.  It was how what you described was
consistent with your previous position that "private" was needed
for enforcement purposes, while the leading underscore convention
relied on team discipline and was therefore insufficient.  Since
you've clarified that "private" enforces privacy through... er...
team discipline, I'm now just very confused as to what you think
it buys you.