Source code for csv module

Jon Clements joncle at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 3 12:14:14 EST 2009

On 3 Feb, 04:27, Tim Roberts <t... at probo.com> wrote:
> vsoler <vicente.so... at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm still interested in learning python techniques. Are there any
> >other modules (standard or complementary) that I can use in my
> >education?
>
> Are you serious about this?  Are you not aware that virtually ALL of the
> Python standard modules are written in Python, and are included in their
> full, readable source form in every Python installation?  \Python25\lib in
> Windows, /usr/lib/python25 in Linux.
> --
> Tim Roberts, t... at probo.com
> Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.

Okies, so the sniffer is there as readable python, but the most
interesting bit (which fair enough I made the assumption the OP was
interested in) is the reader/writer functionality -- which is
implemented as a shared library and thus, unless you have a source
install of python somewhere, there is no readable code.

Jon.