Membership of multiple items to a list

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Mon Feb 2 17:34:51 EST 2009

Stephen Hansen wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 7:47 PM, Ben Finney
> <bignose+hates-spam at benfinney.id.au> wrote:
>> rdmurray at bitdance.com writes:
>>
>>> I don't even see Stephen Hansen's posts. My newsreader just shows
>>> the header and says "[HTML part not displayed]".
>>
>> Likewise.
>
> Yeah, I know HTML is bad on newsgroups. I didn't realize that when I
> installed FireGPG to sign messages while in Gmail that it started
> handling my html/plain text content differently.
>
> Oops.
>
> That said: Is S/MIME / OpenPGP readable on these various clients?
> There's no HTML, the text body is just encoded in base64.
>
> I haven't actually subscribed to a usenet newsgroup in eons upon eons.
> If its not readable as S/MIME then I'll switch to inline PGP... that's
> just a slightly terrible solution for other places I have to talk and
> I'll have to take extra care to remember to manually check the settings
> based upon where I'm talking.

Or configure multiple personalities with the same email address but
different settings, so all you have to do is switch personalities
appropriately.

> I'm re-sending this same message as the OpenPGP S/MIME attachment format
> -- just so test if its actually readable by news clients in general. I
> have absolutely no idea. Not touched a news client in years and years,
> as I said.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience.

I run Thunderbird with the OpenPGP add-on, and I hadn't noticed anything
at all strange about your posts :).

regards
 Steve
--
Steve Holden        +1 571 484 6266   +1 800 494 3119