is python Object oriented??

rdmurray at bitdance.com rdmurray at bitdance.com
Mon Feb 2 07:59:56 EST 2009

Quoth "Hendrik van Rooyen" <mail at microcorp.co.za>:
> Now there are a LOT of dicey statements in the above passionate
> plea - python is a language, and not a philosophy, but I won't go
> into that, as that would lead off onto a tangent, of which there have
> been a surfeit in this thread.

Ah, now I understand.  This is where you part company from the
people you are arguing against.

Python _is_ a philosophy.

There is no smiley after that statement.  :)

--RDM

PS: More accurately, Python _embodies_ a philosophy, and to advocate
changes that go against that philosophy is to advocate changing
Python into something that would no longer be Python.  You can do
that, but you aren't likely to get the community to follow you.