c.Win32_OperatingSystem question.

bryan rasmussen rasmussen.bryan at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 12:38:45 EST 2009

Maybe there's a more specific list I should ask this question on but I
don't know what it is. I'm using Tim Golden's wmi stuff, and putting
my output into an XML document.

I have the following bit of code

  root = et.Element("locations")
        ComputerInfo = et.SubElement(root, "ComputerInfo")
        ComputerName = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"ComputerName")
        ComputerDomain = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"Domain")

        location = et.SubElement(root, "location")
        locationpath = et.SubElement(location, "locationpath")
        locationtype = et.SubElement(location, "locationtype")
        currenttime = et.SubElement(location,"time")

        currenttimeZone = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"timeZone")
        BootDevice = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"BootDevice")
        BuildNumber = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"BuildNumber")
        BuildType = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"BuildType")
        Caption = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"Caption")
        CodeSet = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"CodeSet")
        CountryCode = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"CountryCode")
        Description = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"ComputerDescription")
        FreePhysicalMemory = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"FreeMemory")
        LocalDateTime = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"LocalDateTime")
        Locale = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"Locale")
        Manufacturer = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"Manufacturer")
        Organization = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"ComputerOrganization")

        OSType = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"OperatingSystem")
        WindowsDirectory = et.SubElement(ComputerInfo,"WindowsDirectory")

        # print  "ok"
        # time.sleep(3)

        for oper in c.Win32_OperatingSystem():
          # print "here"
          # time.sleep(3)
          ComputerName.text = str(oper.Name)
          ComputerDomain.text = str(oper.Domain)
          currenttimeZone.text = str(oper.CurrentTimeZone)
          try:
            currenttime.text = str(datetime.datetime.utcnow())
            BootDevice.text = str(oper.BootDevice)
            BuildNumber = et.SubElement(oper.BuildNumber)
            BuildType.text = str(oper.BuildType)
            Caption.text = str(oper.Caption)
            CodeSet.text = str(oper.CodeSet)
            CountryCode.text = str(oper.CountryCode)
            Description.text = str(oper.ComputerDescription)
            FreePhysicalMemory.text = str(oper.FreeMemory)
            LocalDateTime.text = str(oper.LocalDateTime)
            Locale.text = str(oper.Locale)
            Manufacturer.text = str(oper.Manufacturer)
            Organization.text = str(oper.ComputerOrganization)

            OSType.text = str(oper.OperatingSystem)
            WindowsDirectory.text = str(oper.WindowsDirectory)

At the end of that thhe only text node thaht comes out is
ComputerName, WMI is running - Am I using the wrong names for things
here? When I try to get the same values using WScript and WQL to
extract from Win32_OperatingSystem I get all the values.

Best Regards,
Bryan Rasmussen