Does Paramiko 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 work with CentOS 4

Shah Sultan Alam ssalam at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 00:55:21 EST 2009

Hi Groups,
 Can you please help me on the following...

1. Does Paramiko 1.7.2 and 1.6.4 work with CentOS 4

2. If yes, what is the exact 'yum' command to install paramiko on CentOS 4?
I have tried all possible ones without success.

        yum install paramiko
        yum install python-paramiko(with and without version numbers)
        python-paramiko.noarch

Installing it without yum throws dependency problems which are never
ending : starting with python-crypto and python(abi) - which I am
unable to find.

Is there any change that has to be made to the yum repository to point
it to look in a different place?

3. Alternatively, I also have apt-get on the CentOS box - can you tell
me some repos that I can add for apt-get as well?

Regds
Shah