Looking for tips on running Python version 2.6 and 3.0 together on same *WINDOWS* machine

steve.ferg.bitbucket at gmail.com steve.ferg.bitbucket at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 23:08:40 EST 2009

I'm looking for tips on installing and running Python version 2.6 and
version 3.0 together on same Windows machine.

I'd like to install both 2.6 and 3.0 together on the same Windows
(Vista) machine, so I can test programs under both versions.

Is it possible to install both versions on the same Windows machine in
such a way that they are both asily available and don't interfere with
one another?  I'm concerned, for example, that if I install both, the
second installation will over-write some Python entry in the registry.

I'd like something fairly simple -- I will be sharing this information
with others in my workgroup for whom  virtualenv is not an option.

I googled around, but couldn't find anything that seemed to address
this specific question.  If anybody knows of a URL with this
information (a "2 to 3 Conversion FAQs"?) that would be great.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-- Steve Ferg