count secton of data in list

brianrpsgt1 brianlong at cox.net
Fri Feb 20 18:15:31 EST 2009

I have a list of three columns of data.  I run the following code:

def step1(val):
    for d1r in data1_row:
        if d1r[1] >= val:
            switch = 0
            data2_row = d1r[0],d1r[1],d1r[2],switch
            print d1r[0],d1r[1],d1r[2],switch
        else:
            switch = 1
            print d1r[0],d1r[1],d1r[2],switch

step1(95)

After running that code I get four columns with either a '0' or '1' in
the 4th column, as shown below

2009-01-09 13:17:30 96 123456 0
2009-01-09 13:17:31 95 123456 0
2009-01-09 13:17:32 95 123456 0
2009-01-09 13:17:33 95 123456 0
2009-01-09 13:17:34 94 123456 1
2009-01-09 13:17:35 94 123456 1
2009-01-09 13:17:36 94 123456 1
2009-01-09 13:17:37 94 123456 1
2009-01-09 13:17:38 94 123456 1
2009-01-09 13:17:39 94 123456 1
2009-01-09 13:17:40 94 123456 1
2009-01-09 13:17:41 94 123456 1
2009-01-09 13:17:42 95 123456 0
2009-01-09 13:17:43 95 123456 0
2009-01-09 13:17:44 95 123456 0
2009-01-09 13:17:45 95 123456 0

Where I am getting stuck is that I now need to get the individual
counts for the various consecutive areas in the list where the values
are '1'.  I was trying to run a FOR Loop on the variable data2_row....
but that does not work.  Any assistance would be great.

Thanks: