Regression test test_site failed on current trunk

Andy andreas.schawo at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:23:52 EST 2009

Hi,

I checked out the python trunk (curently 2.7a0), compiled it on my
linux machine and run the regression test suit. Below is the output of
the failed part:

test_site
[14871 refs]
test test_site failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/mybook/storage/python_lnx/Lib/test/test_site.py", line 105,
in test_s_option
    self.assertEqual(rc, 1)
AssertionError: 0 != 1

Is this something serious.

I compiled python with:
./configure --prefix=/dev/null --with-pydebug
make -s

Further I've got problems with moving the cursor when I started python
(2.7a0). There are only esc sequences displayed. My Local installation
(2.5.2) works fine.