Best practice for upgrading the version of SQLite bundled with Python 2.6.1

python at bdurham.com python at bdurham.com
Tue Feb 17 22:09:15 EST 2009

Are there best practice recommendations for upgrading the version
of SQLite that comes bundled with versions of Python 2.5 and
later?
We're running Python 2.6.1 on Windows and Linux and using the
default version of SQLite that ship with this release.
Today, a new version of SQLite 3.6.11 was released. If we would
like to use this newer version of SQLite, what steps should we
follow for our Windows and Linux versions of Python 2.6.1?
Thank you,
Malcolm