ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (inittypes)

konteya joshi konteyaj at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 22:30:40 EST 2009

Hi,

Iam trying to run a programs which resides insides ..\pythonroot.

I see the following error on running the program:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "skyline\alpine_kickoff.py", line 6, in ?
    import re
  File "C:\Perforce\qa\testware\build\vmqa\python\python-2.4.1-as\lib\re.py",
line 5, in ?
    from sre import *
  File "C:\Per\qa\test\build\vmqa\python\python-2.4.1-as\lib\sre.py",
line 265, in ?
    import copy_reg
  File "C:\Per\qa\test\build\vmqa\python\python-2.4.1-as\lib\copy_reg.py",
line 7, in ?
    from types import ClassType as _ClassType
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (inittypes)

Any body who would have an idea on what might be going wrong?

I have python-2.4.1-as directory in my PYTHONPATH which contains the
Lib,libs...etc in the directory. The Lib contains the re,sre,copy_reg
inside the directory.

Thanks.