Py2app Py2exe and losing extensibility

member Basu basu at archlinux.us
Mon Feb 9 09:43:46 EST 2009

I'm currently working on a project that allows users to write their own
Python modules as simple extensions (basically output formatters). I would
like to do a cross-platform release and so I'm using PyQt and will be trying
to convert it to native builds using Py2app and Py2xe. I don't want users to
have to install Qt and PyQt to run it. But if I do that, will I still be
able to load Python modules dynamically as extensions ? (assuming that the
user machine has Python installed separately).
Thanks,
Basu