BaseHTTPRequestHandler freezes while writing to self.wfile after installing Python 3.0

mail at joaomoreno.com mail at joaomoreno.com
Sat Feb 7 09:55:06 EST 2009

Hey guys,

I'm starting to lose my head with this one.

I have a class that extends BaseHTTPRequestHandler. It works fine on
Python 2.5. And yesterday I was curious and decided to install Python
3.0 on my Mac (I followed this tutorial, to be sure I wasn't messing
things up: http://farmdev.com/thoughts/66/python-3-0-on-mac-os-x-alongside-2-6-2-5-etc-/
). I tried my application on Python 3.0 and the code just freezed on
this line:

self.wfile.write(f.read())

I searched and got to this bug http://bugs.python.org/issue3826 . I
couldn't understand if there's already a fix for that. But, the
strangest thing was that, when I tried my application on 2.5, it
started freezing on the same spot! I then removed everything I
installed from 3.0, fixed the paths, and it still gives me the error.
I don't know what else to do.

The app works fine on 2.5, because I tried it on another computer.

Thanks for your help.