Does array.read() move file pointer automatically?

Lionel lionel.keene at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 17:51:17 EST 2009

Hello everyone. Quick question: When using the "read()" method in the
array module, must I redirect the current file pointer or will that
occur automatically?

For example, if I were to sequentially read data in chunks from a
binary file as in:

for currentChunk in range(numberOfChunksToRead):

       floatData = array.array('f')
       floatData.read(MyFileHandle, numberOfFloatsPerChunk)
       ...go to work on data...

at each iteration of the "for" loop, will the next chunk of bytes be
read into "floatData" or must I move the file pointer by calling "seek
()" or some function like that?

Thanks everyone.