Couple of noobish question

Catherine Heathcote catherine.heathcote at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 11:47:04 EST 2009

Firstly hi, I don't know any of you yet but am picking up Python and
will be lurking here a lot lol. I am a hobbiest coder (did 3 out of 4
years of a comp tech degree, long story) and am learning Python, 'cos I
saw some code and it just looks a really nice language to work with. I
come from C++, so I am bound to trip up trying to do things the wrong way!

I have been working with Project Euler to get the hang of Python, and
all goes well. I have an idea for a small project, an overly simplistic
interactive fiction engine (well more like those old choose your own
adventure books, used to love those!) that uses XML for its map files.
The main issues I see so far is the XML parsing (I should pick that up
ok, I have a blackbelt in google-foo), but more importantly splitting
code files.

In C++ I would obviously split .cpp and .h files, pairing them up and
using #include. How do I do this in Python? I see that you don't tend to
split logic from defenition, but how do I keep different classes in
different files? My google-fu fails me so far.