Sys.path entries

Marco Salden marco.salden at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 02:31:06 EST 2009

On Dec 30, 8:13 pm, Alan Harris-Reid <a... at baselinedata.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> In my sys.path (interpreter only, no application loaded), I have the
> following strange entries...
> 'C:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\python31.zip'.  This file does not exist
> anywhere (although python31.dll does exist in \windows\system32\), where
> could it have come from?
> 'C:\\program files\\python31\\lib\\plat-win'.  There is no such
> directory, although I can see that this has been added by the PYTHONPATH
> varible in PyConfig.h (when is this loaded?)
>
> Is there any way of removing these entries, or are they best left where
> they are?  (I am using Python 3.1 on WinXP)
>
> Also, regarding PyConfig.h - is this read every time I start Python.exe?
>
> Many thanks,
> Alan Harris-Reid

Hi Alan,

Same for me: C:\Windows\system32\python25.zip is in the only non-"C:
\Python25" directroy&file in my sys.path (under Python 2.5).
No idea why it needs it. And also in my case the zip file isnt in that
location anyway. So also not 3K only or so.
But I have no issues with it (so far :-)), do you? Do you run into
problems because of this in the path?

HTH,
Marco