Author of a Python Success Story Needs a Job!

Eric_Dexter at msn.com Eric_Dexter at msn.com
Mon Dec 28 14:50:57 EST 2009

On Dec 28, 1:32 am, Andrew Jonathan Fine <eternalsqu... at hotmail.com>
wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I am the author of "Honeywell Avoids Documentation Costs with Python
> and other Open Standards!"
>
> I was laid off by Honeywell several months after I had made my
> presentation in the 2005 Python Conference.
>
> Since then I have been unable to find work either as a software
> engineer or in any other capacity, even at service jobs.  I've sent
> resumes and have been consistently ignored.
>
> What I have been doing in the meantime is to be a full time homemaker
> and parent.   As a hobby to keep me sane, I am attempting to retrain
> part time at home as a jeweler and silversmith, and I sometimes used
> Python for generating and manipulating code for CNC machines.
>
> For my own peace of mind, however, I very much want to be doing
> software work again because I feel so greatly ashamed to have
> dedicated my life to learning and working in the field only to now
> find myself on the scrap heap.
>
> I find it highly ironic that my solution is still being advertised on
> the Python web site but that I, the author of that solution, am now a
> long term unemployment statistic.
>
> Please, if there is anyone out there who needs a highly creative and
> highly skilled software designer for new and completely original work,
> then for the love of God I implore you to contact me.
>
> A mind is a terrible thing to waste.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Andrew Jonathan Fine
> BEE, MSCS, 15 years experience, 5 in Python, the rest in C/C++,
> about 1/3 embedded design and device drivers, and 2/3 in applications.

I do the dex tracker project but I have never made anything more than
some advertising money from it.  I would welcome some help it is
possible that it could be a little bit more commercial available on cd
produced on demand but I don't see it being a very large thing.  It
does count as experience though on a resume

http://dextracker.blogspot.com/