Author of a Python Success Story Needs a Job!

Andrew Jonathan Fine eternalsquire at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 28 02:32:10 EST 2009

To whom it may concern,

I am the author of "Honeywell Avoids Documentation Costs with Python
and other Open Standards!"

I was laid off by Honeywell several months after I had made my
presentation in the 2005 Python Conference.

Since then I have been unable to find work either as a software
engineer or in any other capacity, even at service jobs.  I've sent
resumes and have been consistently ignored.

What I have been doing in the meantime is to be a full time homemaker
and parent.   As a hobby to keep me sane, I am attempting to retrain
part time at home as a jeweler and silversmith, and I sometimes used
Python for generating and manipulating code for CNC machines.

For my own peace of mind, however, I very much want to be doing
software work again because I feel so greatly ashamed to have
dedicated my life to learning and working in the field only to now
find myself on the scrap heap.

I find it highly ironic that my solution is still being advertised on
the Python web site but that I, the author of that solution, am now a
long term unemployment statistic.

Please, if there is anyone out there who needs a highly creative and
highly skilled software designer for new and completely original work,
then for the love of God I implore you to contact me.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste.

Sincerely,

Andrew Jonathan Fine
BEE, MSCS, 15 years experience, 5 in Python, the rest in C/C++,
about 1/3 embedded design and device drivers, and 2/3 in applications.