Missing collections

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 13:01:33 EST 2009

On 12/27/2009 4:53 PM, Bearophile wrote:
> - frozenDict

perhaps we could extend namedtuple to become the "frozenDict"

> - persistentList, persistentDict

aren't they database? Am I missing something here?

> Regarding the standard library of Python 3, it's easy enough to create
> for mistake a module and have it collide with an equally named module
> of the std lib. To avoid this I think (after seeing the std lib of the
> D language) it can be useful to put all modules of the standard
> library into a namespace, like "py" or "std" or something like that.

if it were to happen, it would take python 4 or python 5 and the idea's
runner must beat Guido down from his throne first... I think... not that
they weren't a good idea... and other python implementations might want
their own namespace as well to contain implementation specific modules
(imagine "ipy", "cy", "us", "aspn", etc popping up here and there).