How to tailor output of help()

Kyle kyle.m.douglass at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 11:38:47 EST 2009

Hi all,
I'm a graduate student in the physical sciences and still new to
Python. I'm writing a module of often-used code and have included
several math functions in my module via

from math import cos

and similarly for other functions. When I input help(mymodule) into
the console, cos() and its docstring are listed in the output section
for my module's functions. However, I only want functions that I have
written to appear, not those that I imported. I know this is merely
aesthetic, but is there a way to eliminate functions that I imported
from the function list in the output from help()? Thanks,

-kmd