Problem with Dynamically unloading a module

Lie Ryan lie.1296 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 08:41:31 EST 2009

On 12/24/2009 11:51 PM, Jean-Michel Pichavant wrote:
>> But what he *can* do is to learn how importing works. I'm not sure
>> it's terribly helpful to tell somebody all the things they can't do
>> instead of what they can.
>>

> Hacking python imports would not be in the top of the list of things I
> would teach to some python newcomer, that was my point.
>
> And to be a little more constructive, let's give the OP a litle bit of
> help.
>
> How can you unload module in python ?
>
> That I don't know, anyone knows ?

Given that there is no way to ensure deconstruction of an object
instance (`del` only removes the reference and __del__ can only remove
the resources used by the instance but not the instance itself), why
would anyone expect it is possible to unload a module explicitly (which
is a deconstruction of the module)