force non-exponential representation for Decimal?

jholg at gmx.de jholg at gmx.de
Wed Dec 23 07:52:14 EST 2009

-- sorry if this comes out-of-thread-line but I forgot to enable mailing list delivery :-( --

> I can't help wondering what you're doing with numbers that small.
> 2.34e-19 looks an awful lot like 0 for many practical purposes...

Just an arbitrary example to show the behaviour.

As I don't have control over the data I cannot be sure to never get numbers that are represented in exponential notation per default by Decimal (if these numbers are sensible is another story). So to be on the safe side and not break any XML Schema validation I want to enforce XML-correct decimal formatting.

Thanks again,
Holger
--
Preisknaller: GMX DSL Flatrate für nur 16,99 Euro/mtl.!
http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl02