Please Help Publicize PyCon

Yarko yarkot1 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 19:33:09 EST 2009

> > Steve Holden, Chairman, PSF wrote:> Hi,everyone.
>
> > > This year I hope all readers of this list will assist me in crass
> > > commercial promotion of next year's PyCon.
> > > One particularly effective way for you prodigious email producers to
> > > assist is to something to your signature (as you will see I have done).

> >     This guy wants people to spam for him to promote his $300 conference.
>
> >     Don't support spammers.  Boycott PyCon.

Sheesh!!

Certainly putting identifying information in your signature is no
worse than putting a domain as part of your email...

Steve asked no more than for people to consider adding something
informational to their signatures.

Do it if you want to help (a community works, after all, when there
are more people participating in the community; it is a Python
Software Foundation sponsored conference)