Class variables static by default?

Mon Dec 21 17:14:38 EST 2009

On Mon, 21 Dec 2009 15:03:03 +0100, Daniel Fetchinson wrote:

> I don't think Steven cares much, he loves this type of nitpicking and
> uber pedantic formulations, but only if he can apply it to other
> people's post :)

Heh heh :)

I actually do care, because (not having a Java/C++ background) I actually
do get a mental "double-take" every time I read about "class variables".
It takes a real effort of will to remind myself that they're probably not
talking about something like this:

for theclass in (int, float, Decimal, Fraction):
    do_something_with(theclass)

> I found that his posts are generally useful and helpful, one just has to
> cut all the nitpicking, ...

Technically you don't have to cut *all* the nitpicking, cutting 87.3% of
it is sufficient.

--
Steven