web development in python 2.6 and 3.0

Stephen Hansen apt.shansen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 13:41:06 EST 2009

On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Simon Moses <ksmoses at ymail.com> wrote:

> to code a web page which connects to a database and displays some rows, what minimum software and libraries i should install?
>
> python 2.6, mysql 5.0, apache 2.2 and Django? thats enough?

Depending on your requirements, you might not need mysql at all;
Python comes with SQLite which is actually quite often more then
sufficient for smaller sites. Its very fast and handles moderate
concurrency quite well.

Personally, I prefer to set up my web-apps with Apache + mod_wsgi, on
which you can use any WSGI-compliant framework, which includes Django.

http://code.google.com/p/modwsgi/wiki/IntegrationWithDjango

--S