Ch 3 of my writings, first few sections posted

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Mon Dec 21 12:03:45 EST 2009

Tentatively titled "Foundations".

Also, these first 2/3 sections may be moved to some later point, i.e. even the
structure is tentative, but I'd value comments!

   <url: http://tinyurl.com/programmingbookP3>

Table of contents:

3  Foundations 1
3.1  Some necessary math notation & terminology. 2
3.1.1  The vocabulary and notation of basic arithmetic, including Σ and Π. 2
3.1.2  Quadratic and exponential time & memory (also introducing timeit). 5
-EOT_ 9

Cheers,

- Alf

PS: Hm, Open Office's PDF generation does funny things with Greek sigmas inside
formulas! I don't mind so much that it makes table divider lines very fat and
bold and that it can't handle certain figures (which I have to paste in manually
as bitmaps), but really it should be able to handle simple text. Grr.