Setting Parameters inside of code

Jim Valenza jim.valenza at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 10:46:25 EST 2009

Hello All - I have a very novice question for any of you out there.  I need
to assign several parameters to a code in python. I have an example of a
code that was in DOS that I would need to set as parameters in my Python
script.

SetLocal EnableDelayedExpansion

SET OUTPUT=..\log
SET LOG=..\log
SET COMPLETED=..\Loaded
SET FAILED=..\Errors
SET REPORT=..\log\batch_projectdb.txt
SET SOURCE=..\InBox
SET BACKUP=..\Backup
SET SERVER=housdep01
SET INSTANCE=port:5151
SET DATASET=sde
SET /a LOADED=0
SET /a POSTED=0

 :: If the directories don't exist, later commands run into problems.

MD %OUTPUT%
MD %LOG%
MD %COMPLETED%
MD %FAILED%
MD %BACKUP%

I've been researching Parameters with the Python manuals and have not found
the help to be usefull as there is not much documentation for some reason. I
am new to the Python world so maybe I'm missing an important piece of vocab.

Thanks A lot
Jim