Apple Mac OS X 10.6 support & compatability with Python 3 ?

pdlemper at earthlink.net pdlemper at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 16 12:41:13 EST 2009

I've been given a MAC AIR laptop with OS X 10.6 "Snow Leopard".
On my desktop I dual boot with XP - Ubuntu and have Python on both.
Unfortunately all my Python programs are written on Windows XP and
I heavily rely on WConio for console I/O.
Called Apple tech support. The technician had never heard of Python,
ascertained the MAC AIR does not come preloaded with Python and
did not know if Python 3 would run under OS X 10.6. This was "beyond"
their expertise.
Does anyone have experience with OS X ? Could I use WConio in a
Windows emulator ?  I have no experience with MACs and am debating
whether to send this back before opening.
                                                 Thanks.     Dave WB3DWE