(OT) Where Are Cookies Stored?

Dave Angel davea at ieee.org
Tue Dec 15 22:50:56 EST 2009

Victor Subervi wrote:
> Hi;
> I've googled, found where cookies are supposed to be, the folders and files
> don't exist. I've opened my latest and greatest FF and seen cookies in
> there, but when I search for the name of the cookie in the C: dir, it's not
> there...anywhere. I've made sure no folders/files are hidden and I still
> can't find them. In as administrator. What up? XP OS I need to get in so I
> can learn how to program with cookies.
> Victor

I can't imagine why you couldn't find them.  For my version of Firefox,
I see a file in:

(appdata)\\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\1fjazjlkjflkjsdlfkj.default\cookies.sqlite

In other words, you'd need some database code to get at them.

Note that IE will store them somewhere else, and maybe the next point
release of Firefox will as well.  So you shouldn't hardwire any such
knowledge.  And you shouldn't make any modifications to such a file.

DaveA