OS independent way to check if a python app is running?

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Tue Dec 15 04:32:04 EST 2009

"Diez B. Roggisch" <deets at nospam.web.de> writes:

> Not only exists, he should also use the OS' locking mechanisms. The
> file could otherwise be stale.
>
> We use this:

Have you tried collaborating with the ‘lockfile’ library developer to
converge these solutions?

As I understand it, the ‘lockfile’ library is meant to provide a common
API across platforms; but that doesn't prevent it from taking advantage
of OS-specific locking implementation.

--
 \           “I do not believe in forgiveness as it is preached by the |
  `\        church. We do not need the forgiveness of God, but of each |