More stuff added to ch 2 of my programming intro

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Mon Dec 14 02:23:00 EST 2009

* Alf P. Steinbach:
>   Format: PDF
>   <url: http://preview.tinyurl.com/ProgrammingBookP3>
>
> The new stuff, section 2.7, is about programs as simulations and
> handling data, focusing on modeling things. It includes some Python GUI
> programming. The plan is to discuss containers like lists and
> dictionaries in perhaps two more subsections of 2.7, but I'm not quite
> sure about how to approach that or exactly how much to cover, since the
> intent of ch 2 is to introduce mostly general concepts and enable the
> reader to try out (more or less) interesting things.
>

> Cheers,
>
> - Alf
>
> PS: comments welcome!

Well, I posted the current doc. It has a not yet quite complete section 2.7.7
about arrays, and that will be the last subsection of the chapter.  I thought
using the Josephus circle problem as example was pretty neat... :-)

But anyway, comments welcome, even if that last section's not yet finished.

Cheers,

- Alf

PS: Oh, I changed the manuscript title to "Intelligent Person's Intro to
Programming"  --  is that good?