Manipulating MySQL Sets

Victor Subervi victorsubervi at gmail.com
Sun Dec 13 12:20:58 EST 2009

On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Sebastian Bassi
<sbassi at clubdelarazon.org>wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 12:48 PM, Victor Subervi
> <victorsubervi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Who said I was expecting a string? I don't know what I'm expecting! I
> need
> > to be able to parse this thing, whatever it is. You say it's a Python Set
> > object. How do I parse it? Googling has been disappointing.
>
> You can walk thought a set object like any iterable object like
>
> for x in myset:
>    #do something like parse it.
>
> If you want to slice it, convert it to a list:
>
> mylist = list(myset)
>
> Or read about sets:
> http://docs.python.org/library/sets.html

Both the following solutions threw the same error:

                newCol = list(colValue[0])
                print newCol[0:20]

and

                for x in colValue[0]:
                  print x

 /var/www/html/angrynates.com/cart/display.py
   98     raise
   99   cursor.close()
  100   bottom()
  101
  102 display()
display = <function display>
 /var/www/html/angrynates.com/cart/display.py in display()
   50 #                newCol = list(colValue[0])
   51 #                print newCol[0:20]
   52                 for x in colValue[0]:
   53                   print x
   54                 print 'XXX'
x undefined, colValue = (datetime.date(2009, 10, 22),)

TypeError: iteration over non-sequence
      args = ('iteration over non-sequence',)