Moving from PHP to Python. Is it Possible

Sancar Saran sancar.saran at evodot.com
Fri Dec 11 05:26:30 EST 2009

Greetings.

I'm 35 yrs old self learner  and who do daily PHP coding for food more than a
decade.

After ten years of PHP coding I'm getting bored and give try for learning new
things.

After 3 days of crawling google, diving in python and cursing, now  I can show
something on my linux/apache/mod_wsgi setup.

And i'm struck on something.

I had CMS design. It works with PHP very well. And I want to transfer my
design in Python.

My design depends on a Global Array. A huge array which store everything about
requested Web page for a final rendering.

In PHP accessing globals is easy. You may do direct access or use class
something like ZEND Registry.

I'm looking for similar facility in python world.

Also I have couple of questions.

1-) Can I create Global (read/write access anywhere from my code) Multi
dimensional, associative array (or hash) and store any kind of variable type.

2-) Is there any error trigger for mod_wsgi. When something go bad I god
Internal Server error. Looking for error log was't nice. Is there any way to
shows errors in the web page ?

3-) Any documents books sites about helping moving from php to python

4-) In php we had someting like
ob_start(); // start Output buffering
require('hede.php'); // include phtml similar to psp. mixed language and html
(to avoiding string replacement (or marker based) html templates)
$var = ob_get_clean(); // get rendered output and use anywhere

can find a similar abilities in Python ?

5-) is there any Python documentation based on examples. When I give up about
to finding  php's $_REQUEST or $_SERVER equivalents in python some demo code in
Twisted docs are much helpful than any other words. Me and my kind already
have  problem with English language. Example code much more helpful than full
academic description.

Thanks for support and patience for this old noob.

Regards...