When will Python 3 be fully deployed

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Dec 11 00:07:30 EST 2009

"Gabriel Genellina" <gagsl-py2 at yahoo.com.ar> writes:

> In addition to Ned Deily's previous comments, I'd like to note that
> 2to3 assumes the source is valid 2.6 code - you have to ensure the
> code runs fine with Python 2.6 before using 2to3 to convert to 3.x

To achieve that, you're strongly encouraged to follow Step 0 of the
transition guidelines
<URL:http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-3000/#compatibility-and-transition>.

--
 \          “It was half way to Rivendell when the drugs began to take |
  `\        hold” —Hunter S. Tolkien, _Fear and Loathing in Barad-Dûr_ |