Question on Python as career

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu Dec 10 10:27:05 EST 2009

In article <uhleh59csp2u2a5e9ndtvonmc6ht63k9qp at 4ax.com>,
Tim Roberts  <timr at probo.com> wrote:

>There are very, very few full-time Python jobs anywhere in the world,
>although many people use Python as one tool in their toolbox.

Depending on how you define "Python job", I disagree with you.  All my
employment in the last decade, including three different full-time jobs
at three different companies, has had Python as the primary job skill
requirement and is what I spent more time working with than anything
else.  I don't think I'm particularly unusual.

My company has been trying to hire a person with Python and Linux
sysadmin experience for more than three months -- in the San Francisco
Bay Area -- with little luck.

The best way to get information on Usenet is not to ask a question, but
to post the wrong information.