Python for Newbies

rm rmcorrespond at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 08:07:05 EST 2009

On Dec 9, 11:56 pm, geremy condra <debat... at gmail.com> wrote:
> > The N900 is what I consider the coolest portable device ever:
>
> >http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/2009/10/09/nokian900-not-just-an-i...
>
> >http://www.themaemo.com/and-now-for-something-completely-different-th...
>
> Dunno if you intended to, but in the last link you imply that you can't run
> Python on android, when you can do so either via ASE or through the
> JNI.
>
> Geremy Condra

The article you mention says:

"I realize that there is an effort in Android to make Python and other
scripting languages available to some degree, but from what I have
seen they are relegated to macro like functionality. In other words,
you wont be able to create full blown stand alone Python applications
in Android. The N900, on the other hand, will allow this. Even the GUI
side of the applications can be created with well known Python
toolkits like PyGTK and PyQt."

That impression came from this blog:

http://google-opensource.blogspot.com/2009/06/introducing-android-scripting.html

Are you saying that one can write full blown stand alone Android
applications in Python, GUI and all.