KeyboardInterrupt

Brad Harms FearsomeDragonfly at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 23:56:33 EST 2009

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009 00:29:45 +0000, mattia wrote:

> Il Wed, 09 Dec 2009 16:19:24 -0800, Jon Clements ha scritto:
>
>> On Dec 9, 11:53 pm, mattia <ger... at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all, can you provide me a simple code snippet to interrupt the
>>> execution of my program catching the KeyboardInterrupt signal?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Mattia
>>
>> Errr, normally you can just catch the KeyboardInterrupt exception -- is
>> that what you mean?
>>
>> Jon.
>
> Ouch, so the simplest solution is just insert in the 'main' function a
> try/catch? I believed there was the necessity to create a signal and
> than attach the KeyboardInterrupt to it...

KeyboardInterrupt is just an exception that gets raised when CTLR+C (or
the OS's equivalent keyboard combo) gets pressed. It can occur at any
point in a script since you never know when the user will press it, which
is why you put the try: except KeyboardInterrupt: around as much of your
script as possible.  The signal that the OS sends to the Python
interpreter is irrelevant.

--
Brad Harms -- http://alphaios.net