Python for Newbies

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Wed Dec 9 21:46:39 EST 2009

* rm:
> Here is a new tutorial that may be a good starting point for learning
> Python.
>
> http://www.themaemo.com/python-for-newbies/

Looks nice.

I have two comments: (1) what is "the N900"?, and (2) the naming convention,
using 'Num' for a variable and 'clsAddress' for a class, is opposite of the
usual Python convention where one'd write 'num' and 'Address'.

Shameless plug for my own writings, an introduction to /programming/ for
newbies, using Python  --  this work is progressing slowly but steadily:

   <url: http://preview.tinyurl.com/ProgrammingBookP3>

which is in Google Docs; a table of contents available as text file (it's not
complete wrt. to latest stuff I added) and also in the PDF files themselves.

Comments very welcome! :-)

Cheers,

- Alf

PS: The last three or four paragraphs in ch 2 were sort of negative so I've
replaced them with one single short much more upbeat paragraph. Working...