More stuff added to ch 2 of my programming intro

Alf P. Steinbach alfps at start.no
Wed Dec 9 10:38:41 EST 2009

   Format: PDF
   <url: http://preview.tinyurl.com/ProgrammingBookP3>

The new stuff, section 2.7, is about programs as simulations and handling data,
focusing on modeling things. It includes some Python GUI programming. The plan
is to discuss containers like lists and dictionaries in perhaps two more
subsections of 2.7, but I'm not quite sure about how to approach that or exactly
how much to cover, since the intent of ch 2 is to introduce mostly general
concepts and enable the reader to try out (more or less) interesting things.

Cheers,

- Alf

PS: comments welcome!