no module named error

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Dec 8 13:24:43 EST 2009

Joe wrote:

> Just to clarify, I have "_moda.la" sitting in another directory which is
> included in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. And it is built for the 64bit arch.

No, the import-mechanism of python doesn't take LD_LIBRARY_PATH into
account, and even if it did - _moda.la is a simple archive-file, not a
shared library. It can't be dynamically loaded. Something in your
build-process is not working.

I suggest you

 - clean out the source package from everything in there except the original
distribution - maybe simply removing & unpacking is the best idea.

 - build the package again, and post the *full* output. This might give us a
clue.

Alternatively, if it's possible to share the module, do that.

Diez