no module named error

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Tue Dec 8 12:36:22 EST 2009

Joe wrote:

> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:

>>> I'm just going by an example script. moda is a package I was given that
>>> is written in C and has some python bindings and does run 64-bit. I'm on
>>> gentoo. I'm not sure it's installed correctly, but it did come w/ a
>>> setup.py, and I ran 'setup.py install' and it seemed to have installed
>>> correctly.
>>>
>>> $ sudo python ./setup.py install
>>> running install
>>> running build
>>> running build_py
>>> running install_lib
>>> running install_egg_info
>>> Removing /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/moda-2.1-py2.6.egg-info
>>> Writing /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/moda-2.1-py2.6.egg-info
>>
>> You didn't answer my question. Did it install the _moda.* file the
>> moda.py is searching for?
>>
>> Diez
>

> Yeah, that's what I meant when I said the file exists above. There's a
> moda.py in /usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/moda.py.

Please, read my post *carefully*. moda.py imports a file _moda.* (most
probably _moda.so), which seems *not* to be there.

Please verify that it exists and has the proper architecture.

This is your output:

"""
        File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/moda.py", line 7, in
<module>
            import _moda
            ImportError: No module named _moda
"""